- EPILOG ZING LASER CUTTERUse our 40-watt Epilog Zing laser to cut or etch/engrave a variety of materials, including cork, glass, paper, wood, and more. Bring your own materials. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- ULTIMAKER3 3D PRINTER3D print with our Ultimaker3! Bring your own 3D object files or download free, ready-to-print files from online sources. A small cost-recovery fee applies to 3D prints (20 cents per gram). Two types of plastic are available: ABS + PLA.
- DIGITAL MEDIA CONVERSIONPreserve your memories by using our digital media conversion equipment to convert vinyl, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, slides, negatives, and photographs to digital files. Bring your own materials, including media for digital file storage, such as discs, a USB/flash drive, or an external hard drive. NOTE: When digitizing video for DVD, we recommend 4.7GB DVD+R storage media for videos shorter than one hour and 8.5GB DVD+R storage media for videos longer than one hour.
- iMACS + MAC BOOKS + PCWhether you prefer Macs or PCs, are a beginner or an expert, explore an array of software on our machines. Including: the Adobe Creative Suite, Audacity, GarageBand, iMovie, the Microsoft Suite, and more.
- AUDIO/VISUAL EQUIPMENTCreate audio/video recording with our camcorder, digital audio recorders, green screen and lighting equipment. Bring your own media for digital file storage, such as discs, a USB/flash drive, or an external hard drive.
- OTHER EQUIPMENTOther Makerspace equipment includes a sewing machine, a button press, a 3Doodler 3D pen, cutting mats, a 12″x12″ paper cutter, and miscellaneous craft tools.
About the Makerspace
The Joplin Public Library (JPL) Makerspace is a place where people can gather to create, explore, share, tinker, and discover using a variety of tools and materials.
Our motto: Experiment. Learn. Fail. Repeat.
Use of Makerspace equipment is FREE, though makers must bring their own materials and a small cost-recovery fee applies to consumables.
A library card is NOT necessary to access the Makerspace.
Pop in during open hours (see below) to explore the space and use equipment* with the assistance of Makerspace Staff and Volunteers.
1901 East 20th Street
Joplin, MO 64804
- Summer Reading Program Begins June 1!May 12, 2021 - 4:37 pm
- Free Audiobooks April 29 – August 4, 2021!April 23, 2021 - 2:57 pm
- Art Exhibit: The ABCs of Folklore and SlangApril 15, 2021 - 4:24 pm
- Post Mail Art Projekt 2021: Show Me Mail ArtApril 15, 2021 - 4:24 pm
- JPL Strategic Plan: 2021-2025March 10, 2021 - 3:34 pm