- EPILOG ZING LASER CUTTERUse our 40-watt Epilog Zing laser to cut or etch/engrave a variety of materials, including cork, glass, paper, wood, and more. Bring your own materials. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- ULTIMAKER3 3D PRINTER3D print with our Ultimaker3! Bring your own 3D object files or download free, ready-to-print files from online sources. A small cost-recovery fee applies to 3D prints (20 cents per gram). Two types of plastic are available: ABS + PLA.
- DIGITAL MEDIA CONVERSIONPreserve your memories by using our digital media conversion equipment to convert vinyl, cassette tapes, VHS tapes, slides, negatives, and photographs to digital files. Bring your own materials, including media for digital file storage, such as discs, a USB/flash drive, or an external hard drive. NOTE: When digitizing video for DVD, we recommend 4.7GB DVD+R storage media for videos shorter than one hour and 8.5GB DVD+R storage media for videos longer than one hour.
- iMACS + MAC BOOKS + PCWhether you prefer Macs or PCs, are a beginner or an expert, explore an array of software on our machines. Including: the Adobe Creative Suite, Audacity, GarageBand, iMovie, the Microsoft Suite, and more.
- AUDIO/VISUAL EQUIPMENTCreate audio/video recordings with our camcorder, digital audio recorders, green screen and lighting equipment. Bring your own media for digital file storage, such as discs, a USB/flash drive, or an external hard drive.
- OTHER EQUIPMENTOther Makerspace equipment includes a sewing machine, a button press, cutting mats, a 12″x12″ paper cutter, and miscellaneous craft tools.
About the Makerspace
The Joplin Public Library (JPL) Makerspace is a place where people may create, explore, tinker, and discover using a variety of tools and materials.
Our motto: Experiment. Learn. Fail. Repeat.
Use of Makerspace equipment is FREE, though makers must bring their own materials and a small cost-recovery fee applies to consumables.
A library card is NOT necessary to access the Makerspace.
- Tuesdays, 2pm-6pm
- Wednesdays, 10am-4pm
- Thursdays, 2pm-8pm
- Fridays, 10am-4pm
- Second & Fourth Saturdays, 10am-2pm
Appointments must be made to use the Epilog Zing Laser Cutter/Engraver. Other equipment available on a first come, first serve basis during open hours.
For more information, or to make an appointment, contact our Makerspace team at 417-623-7953 x1056 or email email@example.com.
Makerspace users must be 18 years of age or older, unless accompanied by an adult.
1901 East 20th Street
Joplin, MO 64804
- July 5, 2022 – Chat-mas in July + bring your own craftJune 30, 2022 - 12:57 pm
- Upcoming Exhibit: Abstract Paintings by Lori MarbleMay 19, 2022 - 11:45 am
- Coming soon: Summer Reading Program!May 17, 2022 - 4:20 pm
- Get to Know: JPL’s Programming LibrariansMarch 29, 2022 - 3:36 pm
- Curiosity Kits LaunchedMarch 2, 2022 - 1:44 pm