Joplin Public Library reopened its physical location on Monday, June 8, 2020. The Library staff and Board of Trustees will continue to monitor the situation and adjust dates as needed moving forward. Stay up-to-date by following the Library’s Facebook page and visiting the website.
Our current operating plan is as follows:
- The Library building reopened to the public on Monday, June 8, 2020.
- Hours of operation are:
- 10am-3pm Monday, Wednesday, Thursday & Saturday
- 10am-6pm Tuesday and Friday
- Closed Sunday
- Services are limited. Patrons are required to wear a mask and continue social distancing, only send in one family member per visit and not come into the Library if unwell. Phone reference is available.
- City of Joplin occupancy limits will be enforced.
- The public computer lab will be open with reduced time limits. Some computers have been closed to ensure social distancing between patrons.
- Curbside pickup will continue.
- Chairs, tables, and children’s toys and games have been removed.
- Study, Conference and Meeting Rooms remain closed until further notice.
- The Makerspace remains closed until further notice.
- No in-person library programming is scheduled at this time. Virtual programming will continue through the end of July. Programming options can be found on our Calendar or on our Facebook
- JPL has a large digital collection that includes:
Library staff cannot sanitize every item that is checked out, but will quarantine returned items for a minimum of 72 hours before checking in and reshelving. It is recommended that Library users wash their hands after handling library materials and avoid touching their face.
Since 1902, JPL has been fulfilling the information needs of citizens of Joplin and the surrounding community. JPL offers content to meet the informational, recreational, cultural enhancement and continuing educational needs of the general public.