https://www.joplinpubliclibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/kindle.jpg 853 1280 Discover Identity //www.joplinpubliclibrary.org/wp-content/uploads/2018/06/logo-web.png Discover Identity2018-06-22 11:56:502018-11-08 16:59:48Library Books for your Kindle
A step by step guide
- Go to Missouri Libraries 2 Go website.
- Click on Kindle Books in the menu.
- Find your item, either through browsing the listed items, or by using Search (in advance settings, select Kindle Book in the Formats dropdown). If you wish only to see titles that are available for immediate checkout, select Available now in the Availability dropdown.
- Borrow any available book(s).Â You may also place a hold on any item which has a link that says â€œPlace on Holdâ€.Â These items are currently checked out to someone else, and you will receive an email when it becomes your turn.
- After placing an item in your cart, you will have the option to continue browsing, or check out.Â When you are finished selecting items, click on â€œCheckoutâ€.Â This will take you to a page which asks for your home library.Â Select â€œJoplin Public Libraryâ€ from the list.Â Then, enter your library card number (with no spaces) and your pin number.Â If you do not know your pin number, please call the Library at 417-623-7953.Â Once the information is entered, click Sign In.
- After entering the required information, a screen will appear with a summary of the items you are checking out.Â Click â€œConfirm Check Outâ€.
- You should now see the â€œDownloadâ€ screen, with a button that says â€œGet For Kindleâ€ next to your items.Â Clicking on this button will take you to Amazon.com, where you can log into your Amazon account and retrieve your item by clicking on the yellow â€œget library bookâ€ button.Â You may select whether to transfer items to your Kindle, Kindle for PC on your computer, or any other Kindle compatible reading software offered by Amazon. If your Kindle does not have wi-fi, you may choose to “deliver via USB”. This will allow you to save the item to your desktop.Â You can then transfer it to your Kindle using your USB cord. Do NOT use 3G for delivery, it wonâ€™t work.
- Thatâ€™s it!Â Once items are checked out and downloaded to your Kindle, you may manage them, delete them, or return them early by using the â€œManage Your Kindleâ€ link at Amazon.com