- EPILOG ZING LASER CUTTERUse our 40-watt Epilog Zing laser to cut or etch/engrave a variety of materials, including cork, glass, paper, wood, and more. Bring your own materials. BY APPOINTMENT ONLY.
- ULTIMAKER3 3D PRINTER3D print with our Ultimaker3! Bring your own 3D object files or download free, ready-to-print files from online sources. A small cost-recovery fee applies to 3D prints (20 cents per gram). Two types of plastic are available: ABS + PLA.
- DIGITAL MEDIA CONVERSIONPreserve your memories by using our digital media conversion equipment to convert vinyl, cassette tapes, Super8 film, VHS tapes, slides, negatives, and photographs to digital files. Bring your own materials, including media for digital file storage, such as discs, a USB/flash drive, or an external hard drive. NOTE: When digitizing video for DVD, we recommend 4.7GB DVD+R storage media for videos shorter than one hour and 8.5GB DVD+R storage media for videos longer than one hour.
- iMACS + MAC BOOKS + PCWhether you prefer Macs or PCs, are a beginner or an expert, explore an array of software on our machines. Including: the Adobe Creative Suite, Audacity, GarageBand, iMovie, the Microsoft Suite, and more.
- AUDIO/VISUAL EQUIPMENTCreate audio/video recording with our camcorder, digital audio recorders, green screen and lighting equipment. Bring your own media for digital file storage, such as discs, a USB/flash drive, or an external hard drive.
- OTHER EQUIPMENTOther Makerspace equipment includes a sewing machine, a button press, a 3Doodler 3D pen, cutting mats, a 12″x12″ paper cutter, and miscellaneous craft tools.
About the Makerspace
NOTICE: Our Makerspace is CLOSED for the month of August 2019 for inventory, maintenance, repair, and updates. Come September 2019, we will reopen on an appointment-only basis. We apologize for any inconvenience.
The Joplin Public Library (JPL) Makerspace is a place where people can gather to create, explore, share, tinker, and discover using a variety of tools and materials.
Our motto: Experiment. Learn. Fail. Repeat.
Use of Makerspace equipment is FREE, though makers must bring their own materials and a small cost-recovery fee applies to consumables.
A library card is NOT necessary to access the Makerspace. Call 417.623.7953 x1041 to make an appointment.
1901 East 20th Street
Joplin, MO 64804
- Show n Tell – August 2019August 7, 2019 - 11:25 am
- September 3, 2019 – Chat n CraftAugust 7, 2019 - 10:58 am
- Makerspace Closed for InventoryAugust 5, 2019 - 12:53 pm
- CALLING ALL WRITERS: 2019 JOPLIN WRITERS’ FAIRE REGISTRATIONAugust 2, 2019 - 11:43 am
- Route 66 – Highway to the StarsJune 5, 2019 - 2:56 pm