Library Books for your Kindle - A step by step guide
1)On your home computer, go to the website for Joplin Public Library.
This can be found at http://www.joplinpubliclibrary.org.
2) Once you are at the Joplin Public Library website, click on the “Check out Overdrive ebooks & Audiobooks” image on the left hand side of the page. Once there, click on the “Library eBooks for Kindle” link on the right side of the page. This will cause the service to display titles that have a Kindle version available.
3) Find your item, either through browsing the listed items, or by using the search
box labeled “search within these results” under the “Kindle Book” title. If you
wish only to see titles that are available for immediate checkout, check the box
that says “Only show titles with copies available”, then click the “submit” button
next to the search box.
4) Add any available book to your eCart. You may also place a hold on any item
which has a link that says “Place eHold”. These items are currently checked out
to someone else, and you will receive an email when it becomes your turn.
5) After placing an item in your cart, you will have the option to continue browsing,
or check out. When you are finished selecting items, click on “Checkout”. This
will take you to a page which asks for your home library. Select “Joplin Public Library” from the list. Then, enter your library card number (with
no spaces) and your pin number. If you do not have a pin number, please call
the Library. Once the information is entered, click “login” at the bottom.
6) After entering the required information, a screen will appear with a summary of
the items you are checking out. Click “Confirm Check Out”.
7) You should now see the “Download” screen, with a button that says “Get For
Kindle” next to your items. Clicking on this button will take you to Amazon.com,
where you can log into your Amazon account and retrieve your item by clicking
on the yellow “get library book” button. You may select whether to transfer
items to your Kindle, Kindle for PC on your computer, or any other Kindle
compatible reading software offered by Amazon. If your Kindle does not have
wi-fi, you may choose to "deliver via USB". This will allow you to save the item
to your desktop. You can then transfer it to your Kindle using your USB cord. Do NOT use 3G for delivery, it won’t work.
8) That’s it! Once items are checked out and downloaded to your Kindle, you may
manage them, delete them, or return them early by using the “Manage Your
Kindle” link at Amazon.com